Become a Green Impact Auditor
About the scheme
Green Impact is a national environmental competition. It’s all about staff and student teams in universities working together to improve their department’s environmental impact. Once this annual programme finishes, participating teams must be audited. This is where you come in.
Auditing- What happens?
We are looking for volunteer auditors to visit staff departments and conduct audits. Each volunteer auditor will receive a half-day of environmental auditor training approved by the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA). Then auditors will complete one or more audits in pairs.
Each audit will take 1 or 2 hours, and will involve looking for evidence that teams have completed actions in the workbook; talking with relevant staff to ensure actions have been embedded in the activities of the departments; taking photos and notes of good practice to share with other teams.
Benefits to auditors:
• Provides staff and students with an IEMA (Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment) approved audit training and certificate – great for your CV
• You can investigate ‘behind the scenes’ area of other departments
• Meet others with similar interests
• Counts towards an employability award
• Free lunch!
Why we audit
• To provide support and give the teams an opportunity to show off their hard work
• To make sure the departments are as green as they say!
• To spot any unknown issues to the department and to offer them help and support
• To identify best practice case studies and/or photos to be used in the future
What’s the next stage?
1. Ensure you are free all day (9.30am – 5pm) on 25th of April 2018
2. Fill in the online application form. Spaces are limited, so apply soon!
3. You will be contacted by the Environment Office with more details
If you have any questions about taking part, please email email@example.com