An NUS initiative, Green Impact is an environmental competition that aims to inspire change across university campuses in the UK, making our communities and environments greener and more sustainable. At UWTSD, we are committed to making continuous improvements and are proud of being a university with an environmental conscience. A number of staff members and teams across our campuses use Green Impact as an opportunity to make small changes within their departments in order to inspire wider, cultural change.
Teams compete every year to fulfil criteria that aim to make the University more environmentally-friendly, contributing towards its sustainable future.
This is where you come in.
Staff participants need to be audited for a number of reasons; to identify best practice case studies, to spot areas for development, and to ensure that they are as green as they say they are. We need your help to do this.
Become an Auditor
We are looking for volunteers to visit staff departments and conduct audits in pairs. Each volunteer auditor will receive a half-day of environmental auditor training approved by the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA), a brilliant opportunity which looks great on your CV and shows that you really care.
Each audit will take 1 -2 hours, and will involve looking for evidence that teams have completed actions in their Green Impact workbook. This will include talking with relevant staff to ensure actions have been embedded in the activities of the departments, taking photos and making notes of good practice to share with other teams.
There are so many benefits to becoming a Green Impact Auditor:
- You will receive IEMA–approved audit training and a certificate
- It’s a brilliant opportunity for personal and professional development
- You’ll observe good practice and meet teams of staff in areas of the University that you might be unfamiliar with
- You will meet other auditors who have a similar commitment to sustainability and common interests
- The auditor training counts towards an employability award
- You’ll be given a free lunch
What’s the next stage?
1. Ensure you are free from 12pm on the 20th March
2. Send us an email to express an interest. We will contact you with more details
If you have any questions about taking part, please email email@example.com.