Commercial Projects and Opportunities
The team from our Research, Enterprise and Innovation Services department (RIES) are always on the look out for students with the skills to help companies on commercial projects. If you’re interested in finding out more contact them via firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the University’s commitment to supporting students to build their work experience, UWTSD offers a number of internship bursaries of up to £1000 for undergraduate UWTSD students wishing to gain relevant work experience with a company/group who cannot offer paid employment. For full details visit our bursaries page.
Please find below a list of the current opportunities – please click the link to the PDF file and follow the instructions for further information :
Intern Opportunities / Full time positions
Brain Associates Ltd
Brain Associates Ltd currently have a number of flexible work experience opportunities available, they are looking for students who will be able to assist with the following areas: –
- Polishing of our marketing material, producing a video / presentation and a front end that encompasses our services without being to in-depth.
- Increase market awareness of Brain Associates
- Identify funding opportunities for both entities
- Help set up a marketing strategy to develop the existing core business and new direction of the Welsh business expansion
- Identify new areas of business for the existing equipment range
- Help with the design of the biodiesel base product capture equipment for use at sewer treatment works
- Maybe provide assistance with the Saundersfoot Harbour rehabilitation project ( Ill contact Mike Davies and provide the initial contact for you)
- Help with designing specialist equipment based around the current Brain systems
Was incorporated in 1996 and has always provided specialist equipment and services to many industries throughout the world. Originally the company’s product line was based on high airflow liquid ring vacuum tankers and air driven mining pumps, but over the last decade due to a change in environmental focus the company has moved towards specialist remediation equipment and final stage treatment of waste streams. Many systems are purpose built with options to buy or rent depending on the client’s needs. The management team provide experience, problem solving engineering solutions and the ability to complete projects with commitment and passion leaving many larger companies in their wake. During 2013 the company signed an agreement to import sustainable Palm Sludge bio fuel into the UK and Europe for the power generation market which it is actively selling to date.
Current Web Site : www.brain-associates.com
For further information please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
Red Dragon MFG Ltd – Social Enterprise/Equal Opportunities
Marketing Assistant – 16 hours
o Marketing Assistant including research campaign strategy
o Assistant to the Director
o Public relations
o Marketing audit, strategy, processes and standards
o Miscellaneous duties
o Customer service including written and oral correspondence
o Data input
o Customer relationship management
o Photoshop artwork, IT and digital (textile) print
o Calculating quotes, issuing invoices, chasing payments
Sewing machinists with solid experience of domestic and/or industrial sewing machines, flat bed and zigzag – if you have a knack and are efficient, organised, methodical, have an attention to detail and want to work as part of a growing team, this may suit you down to the ground.
An eye for detail and quality finish for this role is absolutely essential and we’re interested more in the right attitude and personality than qualifications and CVs.
For further information please go to: https://www.reddragonflagmakers.co.uk/pages/work-with-red-dragon
Business in Focus – Event Management
Business in Focus currently has a work experience placement in their Marketing Department. Duties of the role will include: –
- Assisting with event planning and event management
- Supporting the marketing team with day to day tasks
- Helping to maintain and write content for our social media accounts
- Work on our client database to add and amend data as required
- Work on developing our networking map
- Set up and run email marketing campaigns to our clients and partners
- Proof reading marketing materials and communications
The role would suit someone who is looking to gain experience in Marketing and Events Management. We are ideally looking for a person who has access to their own car to attend events, and has a proactive can be attitude.
To apply for the above position please send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the opportunities above please contact Amanda at Amanda.email@example.com